Thursday, April 9, 2009

spring cleaning

Every time the season changes I get strong urges to go through everything in my closet. The thought of things just sitting around and never being used just makes me cringe. The thing that is so refreshing about refining your wardrobe is less stress. You can get to what you need to easier and find outfits faster. Opening your closet and knowing that you love everything in it will make you smile. If you don't want to do it because it is just ONE more thing on your list, then check out my Wardrobe Evaluation Service on the side, I love to get rid of/organize a closet so much that I've made a career out of it. I LOVE IT! If you do want to take on the task yourself... Here are my tips:

For every item, ask yourself two questions-
#1- Do I like it? Is it Me?
#2- Is it flattering?

If you don't answer YES to both questions... then throw it out! Or get it tailored or whatever your needs be. For those of you who can't do that because you love to hold on to things you never wear... ;), then here is what I have to say to you- if you haven't worn it in six months.... GET RID OF IT!

1 comment:

trudy...{and jamo} said...

it does feel GOOD to have your closet all organized by Britt!
And my favorite is when you helped me understand what is flattering to my body!

You are so good at what you do!!!